JumboCash, Rhino Bucks and Meal Money
Let’s go cashless
All you need to pay for your food and more is your Tufts ID card and a linked account. It’s easier and safer than cash — if your card’s ever lost or stolen, you can simply deactivate it.
3 easy ways to pay
Put Rhino Bucks on your Rhino Card
SMFA students, you can use Rhino Bucks the SMFA Café and at over 60 Boston businesses that display the “Campus Cash Welcomed” sticker.
Turn your Tufts ID into a debit card with JumboCash
If you’re a Tufts student, you automatically get a JumboCash account when you matriculate. Faculty and staff, just call 617-627-3566 or send us an email to sign up for JumboCash.
Add Meal Money to your Tufts ID
Meal Money works like JumboCash, except:
- It’s for food only. (We also provide Meal Money to eligible students who are fasting for religious reasons during holidays, or when our dining centers are closed.)
- Unused Fall Term Meal Money rolls over to Spring term, but you need to use up all your Meal Money before the end of the school year.
To open a Meal Money account, bring your $100 initial deposit to the Tufts Dining Administration Office at 89-91 Curtis Street weekdays between 9 and 4:30.
Here’s where you can use JumboCash
It’s accepted at:
- Most Tufts Dining locations (through Mobile or Kiosk ordering)
- Tufts Bookstore
- Dozens of off-campus restaurants, convenience stores, and more
- Laundry and vending machines on the Medford/Somerville campus
- Printing and copying in campus libraries and computer labs
Students can even get discounts, including up to 7% off on-campus meals and 14% off campus laundry machines.
Running low on JumboCash? 4 ways to add more
1. Visit the JumboCash Office
Make deposits anytime with a MasterCard or Visa credit card. While you’re online, you can also check your account balance, view transactions, report a lost or stolen Tufts ID card, and find out where JumboCash is accepted.
2. Use an Add Value Station
There are four on Medford/Somerville campus and one in Boston. To add JumboCash value, just deposit cash or a check made payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” in increments of $1, $5, $10, or $20.
3. Charge your student account
From late August to early April, undergraduate students on a meal plan and all graduate students on the Medford/Somerville campus can add JumboCash by authorizing charges to their student account. Students receiving financial aid can use available funds to purchase JumboCash.
4. Go Old School and write a check
Make it payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” and mail it to: Tufts Dining Administration Office, 89 Curtis Street, Medford, MA 02155.