Here’s where you can use JumboCash:
- Tufts Dining locations. Use JumboCash on campus for food and automatically save the 7% Massachusetts meals tax.
- Tufts Bookstore
- Numerous off-campus restaurants, convenience stores, and more
- Laundry machines on the Medford/Somerville campus. Save 14% off laundry cost by using JumboCash instead of cash!
- Most vending machines on the Medford/Somerville campus
- Printing and copying in campus libraries and computer labs
1. Visit JumboCash Online
- Make deposits anytime with a MasterCard or Visa credit card. While you’re online, you can also check your account balance, view transactions, report a lost or stolen Tufts ID card, and find out where JumboCash is accepted.
2. Use an Add Value Station
- Add $1, $5, $10 or $20 cash at an Add Value Station in the Eaton Hall Computer Lab, EPDC Computer Lab in Anderson Hall, Ginn Library, Tisch Library, or the Hirsh Library for those on the Boston Campus.
3. Charge your student account
- From late August to early April, undergraduate students on a meal plan and all graduate students on the Medford/Somerville campus can add JumboCash by authorizing charges to their student account. Students receiving financial aid can use available funds to purchase JumboCash.
4. Go old school and write a check
- Make it payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” and mail it to:
Tufts Dining Administration Office, 89 Curtis Street, Medford, MA 02155
Once deposited, JumboCash cannot be withdrawn unless you graduate from, permanently withdraw from, or terminate employment with the university. Students may request to close their JumboCash account and receive credit for any remaining balance above $10 by the following deadlines:
- Graduating students (fall semester) —fall term Reading Period
- Graduating students (spring semester) — no later than the Friday before commencement
- All other qualifying students — spring term Reading Period
For graduating students, the amount credited will be determined by your JumboCash account balance on the Monday after commencement. Students on the Medford/Somerville campus will receive a credit via the Student Information System (SIS). Students on the Boston and Grafton campuses will receive a check, as will employees leaving the university.
To apply for a credit or funds refund,
complete the Request for JumboCash Account Closure form.
Please fill out the linked JumboCash Business Inquiry Form. Someone from our team will get back to you!