Full- and part-time benefits-eligible workers receive:
Excellent Health and Other Benefits
- While Tufts Dining Services positions are Academic Year, the benefits are year-round. Benefits don’t stop, even as employees have the summer free to pursue other interests
- Health Insurance Plans at a very reasonable cost:
- Gold Plan: University pays 90%; employee pays 10%
- Platinum Plan: University pays 80%; employee pays 20%.
- Delta Dental and EyeMed Vision Plans are excellent plans subsidized by the university and offered to all Tufts Dining Services employees at very low cost
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA) allow you to set aside pre-tax money to pay for health care or dependent care cost.
- See Tufts Staff Benefits: click here
- If you are a benefits-eligible employee and 21 or older, you are automatically enrolled in the Tufts UNIVERSITY-FUNDED Retirement Plan on your date of hire.
- You do not have to contribute any amount from your own earnings to get the University funds
- Age 21 to 39, the university will contribute 5% of your base salary.
- Age 40 or older, the university will contribute 10% of your base salary.
- Once you completed three years of eligible service, you are 100% vested.
- To supplement these savings, we also offer the Tufts University SELF-FUNDED Retirement Plan – 403(b).
Focus on Employee Wellness
- The Jumbo Health Center in partnership with Marathon Health provides health and wellness services to you, your spouse, or domestic partner regardless of whether you have health coverage through the university. Clinicians can treat common illnesses such as the flu, infections, rashes, and stomach problems. The Jumbo Health Center also provides screenings, exams, prescriptions, and blood draws. There is no office visit copay for these services, and they will coordinate your care with your primary care physician.
- Sick Time Benefit. Benefits-Eligible Employees, following the completion of the probationary period, are eligible to receive thirteen sick days per year, every year on their anniversary date of hire. Sick leave may be accumulated up to 130 working days. Sick time is pro-rated for part-time employees.
Education Benefits and Career Training
- At Tufts Dining, we know that our best and most valuable assets are our employees, and we are committed to their career growth and success. We provide training in areas such as food safety, how to serve alcohol responsibly, and technology training
- Tuition Reimbursement and Remission. Tuition Reimbursement allows Benefits-Eligible Employees to take courses outside Tufts University to maintain or improve job-related skills. Tufts University encourages Benefits-Eligible Employees, their spouse or domestic partner, and eligible dependents to take advantage of the Tuition Remission Program taking courses at Tufts to further your career, pursue a degree or certificate program, or simply take a course you’ve always wanted to take at Tufts University.
- We are offering a Sign-on Bonus for culinary positions to attract culinary talent in the region.
Student Job Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Full, Part-Time & Temporary Positions: