JumboCash, Rhino Bucks, Meal Money
3 easy ways to pay
Turn your Tufts ID into a debit card with JumboCash
- If you’re a Tufts student, you automatically get a JumboCash account when you matriculate.
- Faculty and staff, just call 617-627-3566 or send us an email to sign up for JumboCash.
Running low on JumboCash? 4 ways to add more
1. Visit JumboCash Online
- Make deposits anytime with a MasterCard or Visa credit card. While you’re online, you can also check your account balance, view transactions, report a lost or stolen Tufts ID card, and find out where JumboCash is accepted.
2. Use an Add Value Station
- Add $1, $5, $10 or $20 cash at an Add Value Station in the Eaton Hall Computer Lab, EPDC Computer Lab in Anderson Hall, Ginn Library, Tisch Library, or the Hirsh Library for those on the Boston Campus.
3. Charge your student account
- From late August to early April, undergraduate students on a meal plan and all graduate students on the Medford/Somerville campus can add JumboCash by authorizing charges to their student account. Students receiving financial aid can use available funds to purchase JumboCash.
4. Go old school and write a check
- Make it payable to “Trustees of Tufts College” and mail it to:
Tufts Dining Administration Office, 89 Curtis Street, Medford, MA 02155
Here’s where you can use JumboCash:
- Most Tufts Dining locations
- Tufts Bookstore
- Dozens of off-campus restaurants, convenience stores, and more
- Laundry and vending machines on the Medford/Somerville campus
- Printing and copying in campus libraries and computer labs
Students can even get discounts, including up to 7% off on-campus meals and 14% off on-campus laundry machines.
Close Your JumboCash Account
Once deposited, JumboCash cannot be withdrawn unless you graduate from, permanently withdraw from, or terminate employment with the university. Students may request to close their JumboCash account and receive credit for any remaining balance above $10 by the following deadlines:
- Graduating students (fall semester) —fall term Reading Period
- Graduating students (spring semester) — no later than the Friday before commencement
- All other qualifying students — spring term Reading Period
For graduating students, the amount credited will be determined by your JumboCash account balance on the Monday after commencement. Students on the Medford/Somerville campus will receive a credit via the Student Information System (SIS). Students on the Boston and Grafton campuses will receive a check, as will employees leaving the university.
2. Rhino Bucks
- SMFA students, you can use Rhino Bucks at the SMFA Café and over 60 Boston businesses that display the “Campus Cash Welcomed” sticker.
Rhino Bucks received with the Premium Rhino Bucks Plan, SMFA Plan A, and SMFA Plan B will expire at the end of the spring semester and is not refundable.
Once deposited, Rhino Bucks cannot be withdrawn unless you graduate from, permanently withdraw from, or terminate employment with the university.
You may receive a refund of the remaining account balance in your Rhino Bucks when you graduate, withdraw, or leave SMFA at Tufts. Proof of withdrawal or dismissal is required. Refund requests must be submitted in writing to the school’s card program service provider by emailing email@example.com.
Please see Section 20: Account Refunds in the Rhino Bucks Terms & Conditions for further details.
3. Meal Money
Meal Money works like JumboCash, except:
- It’s for food only. (We also provide Meal Money to eligible students who are fasting for religious reasons during holidays, or when our dining centers are closed.)
- Unused Fall Term Meal Money rolls over to Spring term, but you need to use up all your Meal Money before the end of the school year.
To open a Meal Money account, bring your $100 initial deposit to the Tufts Dining Administration Office at 89-91 Curtis Street weekdays between 9 and 4:30.