Our meal plan policies help ensure an enjoyable dining experience for everyone.
Your ID Card
- You need your Tufts ID card to access Carmichael and Dewick-MacPhie Dining Centers.
- For security, your ID card may not be used by others.
- Meal plan privileges are not transferable.
- Using someone else’s ID or allowing someone to use your ID is prohibited and may result in disciplinary action.
Lost or Stolen ID Cards
- If your Tufts ID is lost or stolen, you should immediately:
- contact campus police via the non-emergency line and
- log in to your JumboCash account and use the designated link to report your card as lost or stolen.
- Reporting a lost or stolen card will block unauthorized JumboCash spending and use of the lost or stolen card. There may be a replacement fee for lost or stolen cards.
- To contact your campus police via the non-emergency line, call:
- Boston Health Sciences and Boston SMFA Campus Police: 617-636-6610
- Grafton Campus Police: 508-839-5053
- Medford/Somerville Campus Police: 617-627-3030
Use Meals, Don't Lose Meals
- Meals on our plans can't be carried forward from one term to the next or be converted to JumboCash — so use them up! Check your balance at www.jumbocash.net
Penalties and Proration
If you change your meal plan during the semester, your costs for the plan will follow our proration policy and may be subject to penalties. For more information on timing, please review our Important Dates.
When you make changes to your plan, proration for your previous meal plan will go into effect the Saturday of the week the change has been requested. For example, if you submit a change on a Tuesday, your old plan will be in effect until Friday. Charges for the new plan will begin on Saturday and continue through the remainder of the semester. Proration is calculated by the meal.
The penalty for changing plans after the semester deadline is 50% of the difference in cost between the two plans on the effective date of the change if switching to a smaller plan. Have questions? Contact us — we’re here to help!