Great Food & Convenient Choices
Dedicated to Exceeding your Expectations
One of the best campus dining programs in the country, Tufts Dining offers outstanding quality, variety, and service.
At Tufts Dining you will find:
- Great-tasting, high-quality food
- Tremendous variety of food choices
- 9 diverse & convenient locations
- Meal Plans & JumboCash to meet your changing needs
- Accommodations for specific dietary needs
- Environmentally & socially responsible programs
- Innovative & responsive services
- Friendly & helpful staff
- Off-campus food partners (MOPs)
Please visit our website frequently to learn about daily menus, special events, and other news. And please let us know what you think. We are committed to offering you the best food and service possible.
- Great-tasting food–Tufts Dining is consistently ranked among the country’s best University Dining Services.
- Freshly-prepared food using high-quality ingredients, including top-cut meats & organic & locally-grown produce
- Lots of whole grains & fresh fruits & vegetables
- Healthy, nutritious choices–An experienced nutritionist develops all menus.
- Low-fat options & trans fat-free oils
Tufts Dining has something for everyone and for all occasions throughout your college career.
- From everyday favorites to delicious new recipes, American to global, healthy to indulgent, meat to vegetarian, light snacks to all-you-care-to-eat meals, Tufts Dining has something for everyone and for all occasions.
- Students especially love our chicken parmesan subs, pastas, paninis, homemade soups, salad bars, sushi, smoothies, coffee, & freshly-baked cookies.
- From large & social dining centers to intimate & relaxing cafés to convenient carts & kiosks, Tufts Dining has 9 diverse dining locations from which you can choose.
- Our dining venues cover the campus, including uphill and downhill locations, as well as in the Campus Center and Academic Quad.
- Tufts Dining offers a wide range of Meal Plans & JumboCash, a convenient campus debit plan, to meet your needs as they change throughout your college career.
We go to great lengths to address specific dietary needs:
- Vegetarian & vegan diets
- Food allergies & intolerances
- Kosher, Hallal, & other religious dietary needs
- Special diets (e.g., people trying to lose/maintain weight, athletes, diabetics, & people with metabolic disorders)
At Tufts Dining, we work hard to find economic ways to lessen our impact on the planet and to be socially responsible. For example, we:
- Purchase local, organic, & fair-trade products
- Serve cage-free eggs & sustainable fish
- Reduce, reuse, & recycle whenever possible
- Offer a Mug Discount Program to reduce waste & save you money
- Compost (We’ve reduced solid waste by over 60%!)
- Provide biodegradable trays, plates, & bowls when reusable options aren’t feasible, e.g., at campus-wide, outdoor events
- Use recycled paper & soy-based ink
- Minimize water & energy consumption
- Partner with other Tufts organizations to implement additional sustainable initiatives
- Dining Services understands what’s important to Tufts’ students, faculty, and staff. We continually strive to improve our services to respond to and better meet your needs.
- Students often say that Dining Services is the most responsive department on campus.
- That’s what students tell us year after year!
Merchant Off-campus Partners (MOPs)
To expand your range of choices, Tufts Dining partners with off-campus restaurants that let you use your JumboCash account to pay for food and services*. JumboCash is accepted any time during regular business hours to eat-in, take-out, or for delivery (where available.)
Participating Merchant Off-campus Partner (MOPs):
- Adam’s Pizza and Italian Cuisine
- Alexander’s Food Store
- Amelia’s Kitchen
- Asia Palace (formerly Panda Palace)
- Blue Fuji
- Bob’s Italian Food
- Boloco Burritos
- Campus Mini Mart
- Carroll’s of Medford
- Chipotle – Davis Sq.
- CVS – Davis Sq.
- Diva Indian Bistro
- Domino’s Pizza – Medford
- Eat at Jumbo’s
- Espresso Pizza
- Hillside Café
- Oasis Brazilian Restaurant
- Papa John’s
- Pizza Days
- Subway – Somerville
- Tasty Gourmet
- Tufts Conveniences Store
- Venus Pizza & Grill
- Wings Over Somerville
- Wing Works
- Yoki Japanese Restaurant
*alcohol, tobacco products, lottery tickets and gift cards excluded