Tufts Meal Plan Takeout at Carmichael and Dewick-MacPhie Dining Centers
Students on a Meal Plan or Graduate Students, Faculty, and Staff with Meals on their ID Cards, can use the Meal Plan Takeout program.
How Tufts Meal Plan Takeout works:
- Ask for a container (and to borrow silverware if you need it) at the greeter station when you are ready to use Meal Plan Takeout.
- The greeter will hold your ID after you swipe in for a meal.
- Fill the container, get your ID and take it all with you.
- Return the container empty (but not necessarily washed) to either Carmichael or Dewick-MacPhie (it doesn’t matter where you got it from).
- Get another container to use for takeout or get a Tufts Meal Plan Takeout carabineer clip to hold onto. Keep the clip. Exchange it for a container when you are ready to take out a meal again. It’s easy.
Think about taking a meal to class, returning the container to the nearest Dining Center for a carabineer clip so you don’t have to lug the container around.
Some FUN and SERIOUS Facts:
- Your ID Card is being held while you collect your food and your meal swipe is for takeout only.
- Don’t eat in the dining center then takeout. That’s not part of the plan.
- Do fill your container as much as you’d like and take a piece of fruit or a cookie with you.
- Don’t reuse the container. It’s NOT sanitary and Board of Health compliant. We sanitize all containers! Avoid cross contamination for yourself and others!
- Do let us know if a container is damaged. We will exchange it.
- Do return silverware if you take the loaner silverware with the container.
- Don’t lose the clip or container.
- If you don’t have the carabineer clip or the container, you will be charged $5.00 for a new one.
- Know the containers are fully recyclable and that the Tufts Meal Plan Takeout Program is sustainable!