ID Card

The Tufts ID card is used to gain access to the Dining centers for student meals and to make purchases using JumboCash. Students and staff are expected to carry with them at all times the official picture identification card issued by the University Police. The card is required for admission to university functions, residence halls, dining centers, sports events, borrowing library books, etc. Altering or misuse of a university ID card is a serious offense.

Report Lost ID Card
If you suspect your University ID has been lost or stolen, please contact the University Police as soon as possible to deactivate your card. After this, your ID card can no longer be used in University Dining centers, to purchase items with JumboCash, or to gain access to buildings. During regular business hours, report to the University Police station to have a new photo ID card printed and activated. Please note that there may be a replacement fee for lost University IDs. This process typically takes less than 5 minutes. Your new ID will continue to operate normally, with all Meals, JumboCash, and Card Access intact. 

What to do after Changing ID Number
If you find that your Tufts ID number must be changed for any reason, be sure to notify our office as soon as possible so that your services are not interrupted.